Environmental Team-Building to Boost Employee Engagement
May 17, 2022 | 3 min read
Fitness for good: Connecting employee engagement with environmental impact
Almost every day, a new report, piece of research, or environmental disaster proves that our planet is in crisis. And in light of this, taking action and implementing environmental initiatives has become a business imperative. In addition, more and more companies are realizing that including their employees in such initiatives improves job satisfaction and creates additional impact.
Together with atlasGO, we're able to create initiatives that help companies improve the health and wellbeing of their employees, while also making a positive impact for the planet.
We've been working with atlasGO for several years now! They're a digital community engagement platform that brings people together around impact and well-being. They focus on organizing corporate team-building to strengthen employee health, engagement, and culture.
Together, we've combined our strengths to allow corporations to organize what we call environmental team-building.
As mentioned above, more and more companies are looking for ways to involve employees in their environmental actions. In turn, employees are also asking employers to be active for the climate. With atlasGO, we're connecting the dots.
Because trees help clean the air we breathe, filter the water we drink, and provide habitat for over 80% of the world's terrestrial biodiversity, planting trees with the help of employees is one of the best ways to take a corporate environmental strategy to the next level.
How does virtual environmental team-building work?
Unite your employees around a common goal: the fight against climate change, either in-person or virtually, and make a difference that will last for generations to come. Here's how it works:
- 📲 Employees, wherever they are, can convert their daily activities into planted trees on the atlasGO app.
- 🤸🏼♀️ Hundreds of activities are available. Companies can choose to motivate their employees to move and take care of themselves with activities such as running, yoga, meditation, taking a nap, swimming or even cycling. But they can also choose to promote environmentally friendly activities such as recycling waste, eating a vegetarian meal, donating old clothes or buying seasonal products. Anything goes!
- 🗣 Build awareness. This kind of team-building can also be used to inform your employees on how to improve their well-being or on how to level up their sustainability habits.
- 🤝 It's a great way to strengthen company culture and team spirit by connecting with colleagues, sharing fun pictures, supporting each other, and uniting around a common goal.
- 🌳 You can customize your campaign further by choosing the project you want to support and the number of trees you want to plant.
Together with atlasGO, partnering companies, and their employees, we've already planted more than 300,000 trees around the world. But we want to do more.
Join the movement!
Are you looking for innovative team-building initiatives and to make a positive impact with your employees? Start your atlasGO Challenge with One Tree Planted today!